Lawyers Who Help Families Grow
Adoption is an unfortunately difficult that many people find too complex to complete without the help of an attorney. Having a legal advocate by your side throughout the adoption process can help make the process faster, easier and less expensive.
At Talley, Turner & Bertman, we help families across Oklahoma City grow their families through adoption. Our family law attorneys have decades of experience and a long history of success with adoptions. You can call our Norman office now at 405-467-2858 to schedule your first meeting.
Understanding Adoption Requirements
The adoption process can be a complicated one, but it’s honorable to want to adopt a child. You may even want to adopt a stepdaughter or stepson, which can be simpler than adopting a newborn baby or foster child. The basic requirements for adoption in Oklahoma include:
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- You must be in good health.
- You must have space for an additional child.
- You must have the financial means to provide for an additional child.
- You must be capable of loving and nurturing a child.
- Both you and your spouse, if you have one, must participate in a home assessment and attend an orientation session.
The home assessment for adoption goes into much more detail regarding verification of your income, your home situation, your background and more. Your family law attorney can help you through this process and ensure everything goes as smoothly as possible as you try to grow your family.
Get Help Now
Our lawyers can help you whether you are just starting your adoption journey or have already been on it for awhile. Contact us now by calling 405-467-2858 or by sending us an email.